https://www.thomanntax.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/logo1.png 79 77 Peter Thomann, EA, CFP®, CDFA® http://www.thomanntax.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/logo.png Peter Thomann, EA, CFP®, CDFA®2018-05-31 14:07:052018-05-31 14:12:17NYS Senate Legislative Bills to Follow
The following is a list of NYS bills that some readers of this blog may find interesting:
- S8486-Provide New York City police officers and firefighters with the option to elect to receive benefits as they existed before the Tier 2 extender was vetoed by Governor Paterson
- S6059A-Grants a lieutenant who has served for a period of fifteen years the same rights in respect to the police pension fund as a lieutenant detailed to act as lieutenant commander detective squad, or lieutenant special assignment.
- S6098B-Grants detectives of the third grade and detectives of the second grade the same rights in respect to the police pension fund as detectives of a grade higher after a certain period of time.
- S5483B-Affords uniformed personnel of the NYC department of correction and uniformed members of the NYC department of sanitation the option of taking a monetary payment in lieu of terminal leave at the rate applicable on the date of retirement.
- S3651B-Provides for the pension benefits for first grade police officers of the city of New York who have served for 25 or 30 years.
- S1288-Prohibits the city of New York from increasing property taxes where a property’s assessed value has decreased in the previous year.