Thomann Tax, Inc. specializes in individual tax preparation for active and retired NYC employees. Thomann Tax does not prepare tax returns for businesses (C Corp, S Corp, Partnerships, etc.). There are three options available to get your taxes completed:
- Schedule an appointment via phone (718-720-1712) to come to our Staten Island office.
- Request to have your taxes completed via regular mail.
- Request to set up as a client using our secure client portal. This method is great for the client who doesn’t want to be bothered by regular mail or doesn’t want to come to the Staten Island office.
Thomann Tax Inc. also provides tax planning services relevant to active and retired NYC employees. The following are some of the tax planning topics we have helped clients with:
- retirement plan conversions to Roth IRAs
- rollover strategies
- 3/4 disability tax planning strategies
- Cost basis reset
- Cost basis
- Qualified charitable distributions (QCDs)
- general IRA issues
- required minimum distributions
- removing money from retirement accounts before 59 1/2 years old without penalty
9-11 World Trade Center (WTC) Tax Issues
- Tax forgiveness
- Amended tax returns